What is the Patient Participation Group?
We are a group of Volunteer Patients from the Holbeach Medical Centre who are undertaking to be a "critical friend" of the Holbeach Medical Centre.
We will endeavour to:
- Work on improving communications between the Practice and its patients.
- Help the Practice monitor and evaluate the services the Practice delivers by assisting with information gathering, patient opinion and experiences.
- Provide constructive feedback on Patient needs, concerns and interests.
- Give Patients a stronger voice in the way services are planned and run.
- Communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare.
- Support the Practice in activities promoting good health and preventative medicine.
- Understand the constraints of the Practice in terms of resources and legislation, and work within these to try to ensure that the Practice offers services which meet the needs of its patients.
We would like to make Patients aware of changes that the Practice is making. Sometimes Patients who do not often visit the Medical Centre or who are unable to access the Inte-net are unaware of improvements to services. We plan to produce 4 newsletters a year, but because of the high cost of postage these newsletters will be distributed by collection from the Holbeach Medical Centre; Boots the Chemist; Holbeach Pharmacy; The Library, or with your written consent, via email. (Consent forms available from the Medical Centre or from the website).
What we are not
The PPG is unable to respond to complaints; deal with Patient-specific issues; or have access to medical records.
The Holbeach Medical Centre does have a Complaints Procedure. If you have a formal complaint, please contact the Reception Desk for a copy of the Complaints Procedure, or ask to speak to the Practice Manager.
JOIN US: If you are interested in joining the PPG or If you have ideas or suggestions of what you would like to see in future Newsletters, please send them to the Administration Department at the Practice. this information will be sent to our Chairman of the PPG
Alternatively write to the PPG at the Medical Centre address.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.